Here begins the text.
At the Pharmaceuticals and Medical Devices Agency (hereinafter referred to as “PMDA”), we are collecting information from everyone using the Official Website of Pharmaceuticals and Medical Devices Agency(https://www.pmda.go.jp/english/, hereinafter referred to as "the Site") in areas necessary to the smooth operation of the services provided by the Site. Information acquired will be handled appropriately within the scope of the purposes of use.
Scope of information acquisition
- In the “Contact Form” of the Site, we ask users to fill in the user's name, email address, occupation, country name and ”Subject” and “Content” section.
- In case of conducting a public comment procedure and other public offerings of opinions, as well as handling various inquiries, we might request users to register their name, address, phone number and other information, if necessary. In addition, email addresses of the senders will be displayed on the recipient's email screen.
Purposes of use
- The information acquired in 2. 1 will be used as a reference for the smooth operation of the service provided by the Site.
- Comments and inquiries acquired through the “Contact Form” in 2. 2, including information registered on a voluntary basis, will be used for reference for formulating our policies.
- Comments and opinions acquired in 2. 3, including information registered on a voluntary basis, will be used for reference for formulating our policies.
Limitations on use and provision
At PMDA, except in cases of legal disclosure requests, cases of illegal access, threats and other unlawful acts or other special reasons, the information acquired will not be used by ourselves for any purposes other than those described in 3., nor will it be provided to any third party. However, statistical information regarding access to the Site or information on user attributes (address, user occupation and other information) may be made public.
Measures to ensure security
PMDA is taking measures necessary to manage the acquired information gleaned appropriately to prevent the leakage, loss or destruction of acquired information.
Disclosure of personal information
Except for the information acquired in 2. 2, we do not collect names, birth dates and other information able to identify individuals on the Site.
Scope of application